Tankless Water Heater Services Boulder, Longmont, Broomfield CO
Tankless water heaters are becoming increasingly popular due to their many advantages over traditional tank water heaters. They are more energy-efficient, provide endless hot water on demand, and take up less space. However, they also require specialized installation and maintenance, which is where plumbing experts come in.
Here are some of the tankless water heater services that Planet Plumbing & Drain experts can provide in Boulder, Longmont, Louisville, Lafayette, Lyons, Niwot, Superior, Broomfield, Weld County, and Denver CO metro areas:
Tankless Installation & Maintenance
Our certified tankless plumbing experts can install your tankless water heater correctly and safely, ensuring that it meets all local codes and regulations. They will also take into account your specific needs and the layout of your home to determine the best location for the unit.
If your tankless water heater is not working properly, our tankless plumbing experts can diagnose the problem and repair it quickly and efficiently. They have the training and experience to troubleshoot all types of tankless water heater problems.
Regular maintenance is essential for keeping your tankless water heater running smoothly and efficiently. Our plumbing experts can perform routine maintenance tasks such as flushing the unit, checking the pressure relief valve, and cleaning the heat exchanger.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
As licensed plumbers, we seen firsthand the many benefits that tankless water heaters can offer homeowners in Boulder, Longmont, Broomfield, Louisville, Lafayette, Niwot, and the Denver metro area. Here are just a few of the reasons why you might consider making the switch from a traditional tank water heater to a tankless model:
Tankless water heaters heat water on demand, meaning they don’t constantly have to keep a large tank of water hot. This can lead to significant energy savings, typically in the range of 24% to 34% compared to traditional tank heaters. The U.S. Department of Energy estimates that you can save up to $120 per year on your utility bills by switching to a tankless water heater.
Endless Hot Water
Unlike traditional tank heaters, which can run out of hot water if you’re using multiple appliances at the same time, tankless water heaters can provide an endless supply of hot water. This is because they heat the water as it flows through the unit, so you’ll never have to wait for a shower to finish before running the dishwasher or washing clothes.
Tankless water heaters are much smaller than traditional tank heaters, so they can save you valuable space in your home. This is especially beneficial if you have a limited amount of space in your basement or utility room.
Tankless water heaters typically have a lifespan of 15 to 20 years, which is about twice as long as traditional tank heaters. This means you’ll save money on replacement costs in the long run.
Tankless water heaters require less maintenance than traditional tank heaters. They don’t have a tank to drain or clean, and they’re less likely to develop leaks or other problems.
Because they’re more energy-efficient, tankless water heaters can help reduce your carbon footprint. They also produce fewer greenhouse gases than traditional tank heaters.
Overall, tankless water heaters offer a number of benefits for homeowners. and businesses. If you’re looking for a way to save money on energy, water, and space, then a tankless water heater may be the right choice for you.
In addition to the benefits listed above, tankless water heaters can also be a good option for homes with uneven water pressure. Because they heat water on demand, they can help to maintain consistent water pressure even if you’re using multiple appliances at the same time.
Tankless Brands & Types
Tankless water heaters offer different types including natural gas, propane gas, electric, solar, condensing and non-condensing.
- Natural Gas: Natural gas tankless water heaters apply the same principle to heat water as standard gas water heaters, but without a storage tank. They save energy by heating water only when needed, eliminating energy lost during standby operation.
- Propane Gas: Propane is more efficient than natural gas. One cubic foot or propane can deliver approximately 2526 BTUs while the same amount of natural gas will only deliver 1030 BTUs. Hence, propane tankless water heaters would consume much lesser fuel than a natural gas tankless water heater.
- Electric: Electric models are better for small households and bolstering existing systems. A natural gas tankless water heater is about 10-15% cheaper to operate than an electric tankless heater. A tankless electric heater is generally cheaper than a propane tankless heater.
- Solar: On average, if you install a solar water heater, your water heating bills should drop 50%–80%. Also, because the sun is free, you’re protected from future fuel shortages and price hikes. If you’re building a new home or refinancing, the economics are even more attractive.
- Condensing: Has two heat exchangers. Condensing tankless water heaters use the heat from exhaust gas to preheat cold water, making them very energy efficient. As it cools, the exhaust gas condenses and turns into water vapor which eventually flow out to the drain.
- Non-Condensing: Has one heat exchanger. Non-condensing tankless water heaters are gas-fueled tankless water heaters with a single heat exchanger. Unlike condensing tankless water heaters, non-condensing models don’t have a secondary heat exchanger to capture and recycle heat from the exhaust gas.
Choosing a Tankless Water Heater Plumber
Planet Plumbing & Drain is a certified tankless installer, licensed and insured, has excellent references and reviews, will provide you with a free written estimate, will explain warranties, and will provide on-going maintenance as needed.
When choosing a plumbing expert to install or service your tankless water heater in Boulder, Longmont, Broomfield, and surrounding areas, be sure to ask about their experience with this type of unit. You should also get quotes from several different companies before making a decision. It’s important to consult with a qualified plumber to ensure that you choose the right size and model for your home.
Here are some additional tips for choosing a plumbing expert:
- Look for a company that is licensed and insured.
- Ask for references from previous customers.
- Get a written estimate for the work before it is done.
- Be sure to understand the warranty that is included with the service.
- With the help of a qualified plumbing expert, you can keep your tankless water heater running smoothly for years to come.
About Planet Plumbing & Drain
Planet Plumbing & Drain is a Colorado based company and has been serving Boulder, Broomfield, Weld, Denver, Adams, Arapahoe, Douglas, and Jefferson counties since 1997! We are open 7 days a week!
If you are looking for a tankless water heater plumber in Boulder, Longmont, Broomfield, and surrounding areas, we’re here to help!
Every one of our plumbing technicians is experienced and trained in complete plumbing, drain, sewer, and water heater services. No overtime fees and free estimates. There is no charge for on-site estimates when needed.